Monday, February 3, 2014

RIMMEL VOLUME LASH SCANDALEYES MASCARA - PRODUCT REVIEW

I am forever on the hunt for the perfect drug store mascara that gives me amazing lashes for a reasonable price.  Mascara for me is a must have product due to some lovely blonde lashes so if I can find one that allows me to keep some dollars in my pocket at the end of the say I'm all for it.  Is Rimmel's Scandaleyes "the one"?



THE PACKAGING: Okay, for real, this is the biggest mascara packaging I think I have ever seen.  It is unnecessarily thick from top to bottom.  I do not mind the safety orange as it makes it super easy to find in the dark.  They certainly saved pennies with this packaging, which I'm okay with given it is meant to be a lesser cost brand.



THE BRUSH: So when I first got this mascara I opened the tube to find in horror clumps on the brush with mascara clump/chips on the brush.  It required a cleaning with a tissue before I could even apply it one time.  I dipped my brush in again and BAM!  The second time same issue so I returned the tube thinking I got a bad tube.  The second tube of Scandaleyes had the same issue.  Clumpy mess.  The brush is much like the tube itself, huge.  The bristles are on the thicker side but they do have a lot of them on the wand which is intended to help volumize your lashes.



APPLICATION: Due to the inconsistency of the formula, even freshly opened, it made applying this mascara messy to say the least.  It has one of those brushes that just seems to get product in places you don't want it to be - the skin around your lashes.  You can see in the pictures that I got it on the upper outer lid and even on the lower lid.  The lashes themselves seemed okay for the most part.  There was only some slight marrying of lashes here and there, but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed with a lash comb.

The formula for me didn't last more than 4 hours before it began to flake off my lashes.  I cannot help but ponder, is it worth paying less for this product if it only lasts 1/3 of the time a product twice its price?

The color pictured is extreme black which is a pretty standard black mascara for drug store brands.  It defiantly looks black in certain lighting but florescent lights or natural lights it will have a grey-blue tint to it which leans more towards charcoal.

THE CALCULATIONS: Most of the stores around me sell this mascara for ~$5.49 per tube.

THE VERDICT: Pass.  It was worth a try but I will take advantage of my local drug store's 30 day return policy on this one.  Sorry, Scandaleyes, I wanted to love you, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BeautifulGorgeousDarling Makeup blog is a place for people from all ages and stages in life so please refrain from use of profanity. Thank you for your comments!