Wednesday, February 12, 2014

VALENTINE'S DAY EGGPLANT IS THE NEW BLACK - LOOK

Black eye liner is one of those things in beauty that has a long history dating back to even the Egyptian times.  It is meant to make your eyes pop, to stand out.  I say let's bring the black eye liner into the 21st century with a little color update and instead of making your eyes pop, make someone's heart swoon with this updated lined eye Valentine's Day look.

EYES
First things first, I started with applying Too Face Eye Shadow Insurance to my whole eye from lid to eyebrow.  Next I put NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" all over the lid and patted it out; this helps the eye shadows stick a little better and makes them more true to their color in the pan.  Using a paddle brush, I applied "Strange" from Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette by patting it from the inner corner of my upper lid to about 2/3 of the way across.  Next I used "Limit" from the same palette and applied that to the outer 1/3 of my eye and up into the crease as well as along the lower lash line 1/3 of the way in.  This is where things get fun.

Next, using MAC's "Plum Dressing" and a fluffy brush I applied the eye shadow in the crease and lightly faded it upward so when my eyes are open you can see a peak of color.  This color should not be opaque but rather a suggestion of a beautiful purple from the outer eye crease and fade to the inner eye crease.  Using a smaller brush I smushed a little bit of "Plum Dressing" also under the lower lashes on the outer 1/4 of my eye.  Next using MAC's "Mylar" I did a slight eyebrow highlight just under the brow to lighten things up a bit there.
EYES CONTINUED
To top things off I reached for my latest makeup addiction, MAC's "Phlox Garden" Fluidline.  Using an angled brush I applied this from inner corner to the outer corner with a wing across the upper lash line.  I also applied this color to the upper waterline only so that the purple could really pop.

Finally I applied a little bit of Stila "Topaz" eye liner to my lower waterline to help reduce any redness there so that things would look fresh.  The icing on the cake was a little mascara.
BROWS
I was going for a natural, easy look today with my brows so I used my trusty Anastasia Brow Gel in the color "Caramel" and brushed it through.

FACE
Valentine's Day should be celebrated with the one you love doing the things you love and I LOVE being outside.  So to help protect my skin I used Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream in "Light" which has 30 SPF.  I applied this first with my clean fingers and then pounced it out with a Beauty Blender.  I used the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer that has the pink tone instead of the yellow to help conceal my under eye circles and topped that with some Make Up For Ever HD Powder to keep it from moving around too much.
CHEEKS AND LIPS
Cheeks were decorated with Tarte's "Tipsy" cheek stain applied with my fingers.  I applied some petrolium jelly to my lips before I started this whole thing so by the time I was ready to apply the lipstick they were beautifully moist.  I used Rimmel Kate "Rossetto Rouge a Levres #28".
PRODUCTS USED
Eyes:
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
     ~ "Strange"
     ~ "Limit"
- MAC Eye Shadow "Mylar"
- MAC Eye Shadow "Plum Dressing"
- Stila Eye Liner "Topaz" 
- NYX Jumbo Pencil "Milk" 
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer
- MAC Fluidline "Phlox Garden"
- Benefit They're Real Mascara

Face:
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder
- Tarte Cheek Stain "Tipsy"
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer "Brightener"
- Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream "Light"
- NARS Bronzer "Laguna"
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish "Adored" (Limited Edition)

Lips: Rimmel Kate "Rossetto Rouge a Levres #28"

Brows: Anastasia Brow Gel "Caramel"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BeautifulGorgeousDarling Makeup blog is a place for people from all ages and stages in life so please refrain from use of profanity. Thank you for your comments!