Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CHANEL ÉCRITURE DE CHANEL AUTOMATIC LIQUID EYELINER - PRODUCT REVIEW

I have never purchased a Chanel product prior to this one.  I hadn't the slightest idea of what I wanted to try first with all the beautiful shadow quads, foundations, and lipsticks so while I was browsing the Chanel rep asked if she could help me out.  After telling her how I was checking out Chanel for the first time her recommendation was to try the Ecriture de Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner.

THE PACKAGING
The black and gold is nice but to me speaks of what packaging was 10 years ago.  It is simple, which is nice and elegant, but I feel like it could look more expensive considering what you pay for this item.  I do, however, appreciate the light weight packaging as every ounce adds up in your makeup bag.
THE BRUSH
The brush fees lovely when you use it.  It gives in a bit like a typical pointed eye liner brush but holds a lot of product which all keeps at the tip of the applicator, where you want the product to be.
THE SWATCH
This is where I get totally disappointed with this product.  I swatched it not once, not twice, but three times on the left side in the picture below and it looks like the line on the right which was only one swatch.  I shook the product before use and even swatched it a few times before taking a picture thinking maybe the product just needed to flow; nope it's just a let own.  When you use a liquid liner it's for definition and depth of color and this just did not deliver on either account.
THE CALCULATIONS
$34.00 per pen.

THE VERDICT
Can I exchange this for something else?  Given the high price tag the performance of this product should be impeccable and honestly I would say it is equal to, if not worse than, some of the drug store liquid liners on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BeautifulGorgeousDarling Makeup blog is a place for people from all ages and stages in life so please refrain from use of profanity. Thank you for your comments!