Sunday, January 19, 2014

URBAN DECAY B6 VITAMIN-INFUSED COMPLEXION PREP SPRAY - PRODUCT REVIEW

This product is described as absorbing oil, minimizing pores and reducing redness.  All I can say is, holy product Batman!




I have to admit, I was skeptical the first time I was told about this product by my favorite UD sales rep.  Vitamins for my face?  So I passed on the chance to try this out and recently it was recommended to me by a friend.  Okay, so I had to give it a chance.

THE ROUTINE
A light misting of the spray on a clean face before application of any toners, moisturizers, etc.

THE REVIEW
Redness: I naturally have a lot of redness in my face and this product definitely delivers in reducing redness.  In about two weeks after using this product I found that I was using less foundation all over my face to even my skin tone.  I still have some trouble spots such as my nose area and a small patch on my cheeks, but for the first time I can apply foundation in just the trouble spots instead of all over to get even tones.

Oils: My skin tends to be classified as "normal" meaning it is neither flaky and dry or oily.  I was worried that using this product might result in my normal skin being dried out since it claims to absorb oils; however, after using this spray I have experience any additional dryness.  Sometimes my forehead can get slightly oily in the afternoon and after using this I have noticed that this oiliness has gone away.

And Pores, Oh My!: I have yet to see a noticeable change in the pores on my face.

THE CALCULATIONS
Ringing in currently at $33.00 per bottle, I've used it for about two weeks now and have used about 1/5 of the bottle...which comes out to around $0.47 per spray.

THE VERDICT
Okay, so would I repurchase this again?  I would.  I've been trying multiple products to help tame the natural redness of my skin and this is the first thing that doesn't require me to apply a different colored product all over to help even things out.  I feel that I can leave the house without foundation some days - and let's face it, we all have those days where we just want to go "all natural".

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BeautifulGorgeousDarling Makeup blog is a place for people from all ages and stages in life so please refrain from use of profanity. Thank you for your comments!