Wednesday, January 22, 2014

ORIGINS EYE DOCTOR - PRODUCT REVIEW

So often we treat the skin on our cheeks, nose, forehead and chin but what about that delicate skin under your eyes?  In this review I'll go over my thoughts and experience with Origin's Eye Doctor.




Growing up I never really thought I'd ever have the need for an eye cream until one day I was reading something that Tyra Banks said about using eye cream and it got me thinking.  The saying, "If it isn't broke don't fix it," doesn't really apply to aging skin.  While I cannot completely prevent skin aging perhaps I can help delay it a little?  I naturally have eye creases under my eyes which can make me look tired if they aren't hydrated properly so giving an eye cream a go seemed like a logical next step.  My first recommendation was It's Potent! Eye Cream by Benefit so I gave that a go and didn't really feel like I was reaping the benefits, no pun intended, that an eye cream is meant to provide so I decided to give Origin's Eye Doctor a try since I've had such great luck with their A Perfect World for Eyes.

THE ROUTINE
A light dabbing of this cream under each eye and around the "crow's feet area" nightly after cleansing the skin.

THE REVIEW
Soothing: The texture of the product is silky and cooling to the under eye area and certainly promotes a sense of hydration to the delicate skin area.  Be careful not to get this too close to your actual eye because it will sting slightly if it gets in your eye.

De-puff: I have found that if I just use this product on its own at night and nothing in the morning I don't see a noticeable different in puffiness, or lack thereof, in my under eye region.

And Dark Shadows, Oh My!: I haven't had any noticeable change with my under eye circles since I began use of this product.

THE CALCULATIONS
Ringing in currently at $35.00 per bottle, I have been using this product for over a month and am only about 1/4 of the way into the dish...which comes out to around $0.29 per application.

THE VERDICT
Okay, so what is the word hummingbird?  Is this repurchase worthy?  I think I'm going to further explore my eye cream options but until I find "the one" this will do.  The feeling and hydration that this cream gives is lovely but I feel that the other claims of this product just didn't live up to my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BeautifulGorgeousDarling Makeup blog is a place for people from all ages and stages in life so please refrain from use of profanity. Thank you for your comments!