Monday, March 17, 2014

TARTE CHEEK STAIN (BLISSFUL) - PRODUCT REVIEW

Over a month ago I purchased and tried the Tarte cheek stain in the color Tipsy.  I loved it so much and wear it so much that I just had to get my hands on another color to enjoy.
THE COLOR
Tarte describes Blissful as a warm peach.

In the image below I show how you can build the color.  The left swatch is one swipe of the stick, the middle swatch is two swipes of the stick, and the far right is three swipes.

THE PROS
I continue to adore the twist top which helps ensure the list is securely closed.  I took this recently for a weekend trip and it didn't pop open during travel.  This product applies beautifully over liquid or powder foundation.  To ensure I'm not moving my foundation around I use a tapping motion to apply it.  The long wear marketing is actual truth for this product.  I have worn it all day and the lasting power is exactly what I want from a blush.  We recently had some storms here and despite the wet mist from the rain, the cheek stain didn't move and the color stayed visibly noticeable all day.
THE CONS
I still do not like the smell or taste of this stuff.  It just smells like a bad version of a Strawberry Shortcake doll from the 80's.  This particular color is not all that flattering for my skin tone which naturally has a red undertone; it ends up looking like a bad sunburn, which makes me sad.  I'm going to play with it a bit more with some other blushes and see if I can get this color to work for me somehow because I just adore the way it wears.

THE CALCULATIONS
Tarte lists these at $30.00 per container and hold 0.5oz of product.

THE VERDICT
Despite not being a total fan of this color for my complexion, I still love how this product applies and wears.  It definitely lasts a long time and you get great mileage out of the product tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BeautifulGorgeousDarling Makeup blog is a place for people from all ages and stages in life so please refrain from use of profanity. Thank you for your comments!